Tuesday, May 11, 2010

restaurant review: Brixton Baked Potato

Last Saturday we decided to try Brixton's Baked potatoes located at the Junction. We took Ash's parents as well as Stephanie and Erin. I love trying new restaurants and new experiences. I generally don't like baked potatoes but I thought it was a clever concept. When you go, you choose how your want your potato served either traditional, sliced, or smashed ( I don't why they didn't say mashed but I'm not the owner) then you choose a set of toppings such as Memphis pulled pork, curry, pot roast, Hawaiian, pizza, or just plain sour cream and chives. Its a neat twist to move the potato from the side of the plate to becoming the center. I was also surprised that the meal filled me up for several hours. The price was reasonable ranging from between 2.49-7.99. While I will not frequent it regularly, it definitely is a good adjustment from the standard fare at restaurants. I rate it 3.5 stars. The food was hot and quickly prepared, its innovative in its concept, and they serve apple beer. My only concerns is that they charge 15 cents for a water cup, you don't get to pick your potato and while there is ample seating, I don't think its enough for sustained growth. I liked that we went with a big crowd who ordered multiple items making my sample size bigger.

No comments: