Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankfulness

We had a quiet but wonderful Thanksgiving at home this year.  We actually did it at our home last year too...with my parents moving to a new house hours away it has been hard to all get together every holiday because of traveling in the snow...getting back for work the next day etc.  Jason is an awesome cook and it was fun planning our meal and desserts and starting new traditions.

A couple days before, I made some cupcakes for Jason to take into work.  Our cute neighbor girl came over and helped me, and Addy had a blast being a little helper too.

Our neighbor made some for her family

Here are the ones I made for Jason to take to work.


And here is Addy showing her cupcake she decorated all by herself!

Now for our Thanksgiving Day Celebration
Jason usually goes and plays in the Turkey Bowl in the early morning, but it was sooooooooooooooooooo cold this year that they told everyone they were playing bball instead so Jason didn't get to do that tradition this year.  This pic is of us throwing on some hats and other warm accessories to go get breakfast at McDonalds.  Jasons Mom always used to have them all go out for breakfast...which makes sense...who wants to make breakfast when you have an entire feast to make later on.

After we got all dressed up.  Here is Addy and I with the potatoes.  I only look like I made them, but it is only an illusion because Jason did...along with the rest of the meal.

Our neighbors a couple weeks before got us a butterbraid pie they bought us for a fundraiser.  It was really good and I wanted to try and make one...I shouldn't have used so much dough because it just kept on a rising!  It was huge...here it is compared to the turkey.
                                                          Here it is compared to Addy!
Addy and Daddy pretending to cut the turkey
Jason really cutting the turkey
Our Feast:
We asked Addy what she wanted to eat on thanksgiving and she said corn and rice! It was cute..we actually didn't end up with any corn, but we got a rice vegetable mix we had for part of our meal.
After we played Candy Land.  Jason thought it would be fun to buy it and play with Addy...which she loves and wants to play it lots.  I think that will be a new Thanksgiving tradition. 
We attempted Family pictures, but the camera died before we took too many attempts, but there were a couple that turned out.
Dessert!!!
Cool whip fight!
  Addy pretending to lick the huge butter braid

I am thankful....
For my husband who keeps life fun, is a hard worker, a great listener and who constantly does things to make others feel special. 
For my daughter who is always making us laugh with the stuff she says, her hugs and kisses and her always calling us "silly" for one thing or another (ha ha..she just said it in a sentance to me as I was writing this.)
For our families who bring much joy in our lives, who we enjoy spending time with, and are grateful to know you are always there for us.
For our awesome friends who we also love spending time with and enjoy your friendship and all you do.
For the Gospel of Jesus Christ that brings knowledge and comfort in our lives.
For the home we live in that keeps us warm and all other blessings like food and clothes. 
and the list could go on and on....

We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. 

4 comments:

Loriannie said...

I think that was the best blog ever! Starting new traditions is so much fun! I can't beleive Addy is old enough to play Candy Land!! Send me your butter braid recipe please!!! It was HUGE!!! LOL!! I am thankful for all 3 of you!!!

Chris and Kelli Ann said...

Your blog always looks so cute! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!

John & Kat said...

very cute blog

Barbie said...

That looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving. The turkey looks yummy. How did it taste? I am going to need your recipe for next year. Our turkey NEVER cooked. We had to carve it and put it back in the oven in slices that dried out. Gag!