Last night Jason had left for the Church to play basketball with some other people in our ward. I had just put curlers in Addy's hair and we looked at some fun pictures of last halloween on the computer. After that we went to brush her teeth. I put Addy up on the counter in our bathroom so she could get her toothbrush out of the cupboard above. She was having a little bit of a hard time getting it out of the holder. Next thing I knew she was losing her balance. I tried to catch her but unfortunatly she fell before I could do so. I picked her up in my arms as fast as I could and held her tight over to the couch where I could check her out. I thought (and still do think) she hit the toilet on the way down so I was checking her pupils to see if they were dialating just incase she hit her head (they weren't). That is when I noticed she had a cut above her eye that also went onto her eyelid a bit. The corner of our counter is a sharp sucker because it has laminate on it that is starting to peel up. I was so worried because I didn't know what to do. Did it need stitches?...Is it very deep? I felt a LITTLE better about her head and the rest of her body because she said her eye and her cheek were the only things that hurt...although the word "only" doesn't feel like an "only" in this case. Jason saw I called and called me back after I called and text him, but before I heard back from him I decided to go to our neighbors/friends house so I could get another opinion then my own tramatized self. They told me about Wee care that is open 24-7 so Jason and I decided to take her there just incase it needed stitches and/or could get cleaned out good. We were also wanting to go because then they could check for other possible "owies" from her falling. I was telling Addy I was so sorry and I tried to catch her...a few minutes later she was still sobbing and meaning "couldn't" instead of "wouldn't"...she said, "You wouldn't catch me". Although I know that isn't what she meant...I felt so bad! She didn't cry very long and was still very chatty. When we told her we were going to take her to the Dr. she got a little upset because she still had not gotten to brush her teeth! On the way there I got a little emotional and she said..."I'm sad, you're sad...why are we sad mom?" it was cute.
I think the most painful part of the procedure at the Dr. was trying to get the stinkin Dora band aid off that I had put on it. It was stuck to her eyebrow....and although luckily it isn't to noticable...it did a nice wax job on her eyebrow:( After cleaning it up the nurse put numbing lidocane on it so that it could sit for a while before the stitches. Addy was still so scared at this point. We then went in the waiting room and watched the end of Beauty and the Beast and the beginning of Fox and the Hound. Here is a pic of Addy at that point...
We told her to smile, but she is so into the movie that she wasn't paying too much attention to us. Which is a good thing. We are glad she wasn't focusing on her "owies". You can also see where her cheek got hurt too. We noticed while we were there that she also had some other scratches and bruises:(...Im glad they didn't hurt though! When we went back in the room she wasn't scared and layed down and held mine and Jason's hands and closed her eyes...5 stitches later...she was ASLEEP!!!
When we were leaving she woke up. When we were at our friends earlier she said to Addy to think about what sucker color she wanted because she would probably get one from the Dr. Since Addy was asleep i'm sure thats why she didn't get one, but when I told her I would get her a surprise for being so brave she said she wanted a sucker. My mom asked her if she wanted Grandpa to buy her a twist cone from Artic Circle and Addy said..."How about a ring pop"?
What a night. Lets hope that never happens again!
Pictures of her curly hair stitches combo to come.







1 comment:
Poor Addy. I am glad she was so brave at the Dr's office and all is well.
Post a Comment