Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Princess Sleeps Here

We recently have changed Addy's room from little lambies to Princess Ballerina:) What gave us the idea was because my sister Steph and her fam gave Addy this comforter set for Christmas and also, my sister Erin gave Addy a cute princess piggy bank...mix them together and what to you get? Thats right!...Princess Ballerina room! The things hanging on the canopy are felt coasters I turned into decoration!
We weren't sure how this method of toy organization would work out, but it has been awesome! We've had a hard time keeping Addy's room cleaned and so we were always trying to figure out how to organize the toys so it would be easier to keep the room picked up. This way we made different catagories: Blocks, Sports, Barbies, Stuffed Animals, Books, Dress up and Pretend, Books, Misc, and Learning Toys. (Jason doesn't know how he feels about the GI Joes being in the Barbie catagory)...lol. The reason it works so well is because we only let Addy and the other kids we tend have one tote out at a time and when they are done playing with one tote they put all the toys back in...then they can play with the stuff in another tote. Luckily they have all wanted to play with the same stuff at the same time. Its really been a good method...its been about a month now! Maybe I should buy totes for the rest of the house:)
I was checking on Addy in her new room during nap time to see if she was sleeping yet, but she was still reading her book...
...or so I thought she was reading still:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Her room looks awesome! We need to do some sort of storage for Lola's toys soon. It is crazy how fast they accumulate those things! Addy is so cute!

LJ said...

That is so funny how Addy is sleeping behind the book. I love that girl!!!

Good job organizing. Don't you wish we would have done that when you were little? It would have made it much easier for Stephanie to clean up. lol

Loriannie said...

I love the way you have decorated, it is so cute! I love the "my prince has come" board!
Your organization is cool, don't stress about your mom teasing about Steph cleaning for you, she had to do that for me! (We knew what we were doing, huh?)

The Adams Family said...

Ha Ha! This that is so funny:) I specifically remember a time when Steph and I were sharing a room and My mom asked her to clean our room and Steph said, "What about Ashley?" and my mom told her I was too little to clean it:) HA HA HA I even remember thinking in my head..."no i'm not" but went on playing tea party or whatever I was doing:) lol what a little stinker huh? Thanks for liking the room everyone!

suzy said...

Dang, that is a lot of toys Ash. Can you say "spoiled"? Just kidding. I tried this once. I took like 2 hours cleaning the toy room and organizing into separate bins. Now it is all back in a jumble and I am going to just throw all their toys away. There is always tv. Where did you get those coasters? Was it Kmart? I saw some cute coasters like that that were 75% off after Christmas, but I couldn't think of anything cute to do with them.

The Adams Family said...

Suz, The coasters were at Michaels in the dollar spot part. 4 came in a thing (of the same color) so I just got one of all 4 colors. They had awesome ribbon to match but I wasn't sure what to do with the ribbon so I decided to hold off on that unless I get an idea:)